Distributive Education Club of America, or DECA as it is commonly known, brings the real working world into the classroom. The Calhoun High School DECA students recently competed in a state competition that is organized by New York’s DECA chapter.
During the event, high school students throughout New York State tested their ability to think on their feet, to devise marketing plans, pitch promotional strategies, and to publicly speak or interview before a board of qualified corporate judges.
The following Calhoun DECA students placed at the state level which qualified them to then compete at the International Career Development Conference held in Anaheim, California:
• Devon Bayer – 2nd place – Advertising Campaign Event
• Olivia Levy – 3rd place – Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling Event
• Sara Samir – 5th place – Start-Up Business Plan
• Gillian Stapler – 3rd lace – Business Growth Plan
• Julia Olidapo and Jessica Zhang – 5th place – Business Law & Ethics Team Decision Making Event