The Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District Nursing staff is
uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, and referral
procedures. Our school nurses are comprised of a group of compassionate
individuals who are passionate about, not only their craft, but
providing the highest quality care for our students. This is essential
in promoting health and wellness for optimum learning. Ultimately, our
mission is to work closely with parents, faculty and students to
maintain a safe and healthy environment in all of our schools throughout
Revised Information Regarding Religious Exemption to Vaccination
High School Sports Try-out Information
Please see Physical Education, Athletics, Health & Driver Education
Online Sports Forms
Additional information regarding potential student-athletes…
Five (5) forms must be submitted prior to participating in try-outs for a team. These are:
- Physical Exam Form dated and signed by a physician. Physicals are valid for one calendar year until the last day of the month in which it was completed (a physical dated June 13, 2019, is acceptable until June 30, 2020)
- Sports Candidate Health History Form completed and signed by parent and student-DATED NO MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF TRYOUTS OR IT IS UNACCEPTABLE-For example, if a tryout is scheduled for August 27th, then a Sports Candidate Health History Form dated July 30th or later will be valid - (NYS Compliance). If any questions are answered YES, an explanation of the reason should be stated. (note: a new form is required for each sport season in which the student participates).
- Emergency Contact Card must be completed and signed by a parent.
- Policies and Procedures for the Management of Head Injuries (Concussion Protocol) must be signed and dated by a parent.
- Code of Conduct must be signed and dated by a parent.
All documents should be completed electronically via RankOneSport* with the exception of the Physical Exam Form which must be provided to the School Nurse in hard copy. See below regarding information and deadlines for all sport participation forms - including medication forms signed and dated by you and your physician:
PLEASE ALLOW 48-72 HOURS FOR THE NURSE TO CLEAR YOUR CHILD FOR PARTICIPATION.
ALL FORMS MUST BE RESUBMITTED FOR THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR
. In addition, if your child has been previously diagnosed with a neurological, respiratory or cardiac issue, an updated clearance form from your specialist is required each school year as well. To be directed to RankOneSport, please click on link. Thank you and Good Luck to all prospective student-athletes!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact 516-992-1049.