After-School Program (RAP)
Welcome Parents and Students,
The Rams Academic Program is a free program that will run after school in the library from October 3rd, 2022 until May 23rd, 2023. Students can receive homework and studying assistance from staff, work on group projects, or utilize library media to complete school assignments. Although the program is mainly focused on the academic needs of participants, there is a social component as well. We provide a great place for your student to meet new friends. In addition to completing schoolwork together, students will interact and participate in scheduled activities. The program also plans to integrate in to existing after school clubs. The school provides a snack for those students remaining in the library past four o’clock. Students are welcome to bring their own snack from home as well. However, please be aware that we are a nut free environment.
- The program is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:05 p.m. (after extra help) until 4:45 p.m.
- The program does not meet on Wednesday as faculty is required to attend professional development meetings. · Students may take the bus at 3:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m., or 5:15 p.m. The busses meet by the auditorium entrance where a faculty member is on duty.
- Parents/Guardians picking up their children should meet their student promptly at 4:45 p.m. by the Main Office Entrance ONLY.
- Parents/Guardians who will be picking up their students prior to 4:45 should call the school’s main office (516) 992-1200 to inform staff of the pickup time. To help maintain the security of the building, parents/guardians are asked to wait outside the Main Office doors for pick up.
- Students who will be going home with someone other than a family member should submit a signed note by their parent naming that person. (see attached permission slip)
- Students who will be walking home after 4:00 p.m. should submit the attached permission slip (for walking home) that will remain on file for the school year. This permission slip may be returned to the main office.
- Students will be expected to sign into the library and sign out upon their departure.
- Students who wish to attend RAP after club meetings should come directly to the library following the meeting and sign in.
Students will be permitted to use cell phones in the Rams Academic Program at the discretion of the Rams Academic Program staff. There is a phone available in the main office for student use. Parents/Guardians are welcome to contact their child via main office phone at (516) 992-1200.
We are looking forward to a very rewarding and successful school year. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns regarding the Rams Academic Program.
Mr. Conway – [email protected]
Mr. Mateo - [email protected]
RAP Flyer - Details & Cancellations